- Ignites positive change for girls through philanthropy and women’s leadership.
- A volunteer-based women’s group whose vision is to be the premier women’s philanthropic and leadership group in Central Massachusetts funding programs that improve the lives of girls.
- Part of a national trend of women engaging in philanthropy, organized to create a powerful force to effect change in society.
- Works with volunteer committees of community leaders engaging more than 1,000 members and 2,000 donors.
- Raises funds for its work through an annual campaign for programs that improve and empower the lives of girls through mentoring, educational opportunities, and financial literacy.
Strengthening Girls … Empowering Women
Members in the News!
Millions of protesters from across America gave rise to not only women’s safety and reproductive rights, but also racial justice, disability, minimum wage, immigration, climate control and religious discrimination. Click here to learn more about how some of Women’s Initiative members demonstrated their support at the Women’s March in Washington, DC and Boston.
Women's Initiative Partners
- African Community Education
- Express Yourself Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
- Girls Voice Program
- Clark University
- All Kinds of Girls
- Family Health Center
- Girls on the Run at Sullivan Middle
- Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA
- Be a Friend First (BFF)
- Girls, Inc.
- Dear World: Voices of Worcester Girls
- Latino Education Institute
- Latina Achievers in Search of Success
- LUK Crisis Center
- Project Shine
- Seven Hills Family Services
- Just Us Girls
- YOU, Inc.
- YWCA of Central MA and Girls Inc.
- Girls Promoting Safety
2017 Events Calendar
Wed, Mar. 29 Take Charge of Your Self – Mindfulness Workshop
Thurs, Apr 13 Worcester Women’s Leadership Conference – DCU
Tues, Apr 18 Networking Event- ArtReach
Tues, Apr 25 Take Charge of Your Wealth–Take Control of Your Debt
Wed, May 3 United Way Annual Celebration – Mechanics Hall
Wed, May 24 Part II Take Charge of Your Wealth -
Date TBD Dollar $cholar Conferences – Spring TBD
Thurs, Jun 8 Member Celebration – Location TBD
Thurs, Sept 14 - United Way Annual Day of Caring
Thurs, Sept 21 - Annual Stepping Up for Girls Event - Mechanics Hall
Click here to Learn More
Investing in Girls Alliance:
WI is pleased to be a part of the Investing in Girls Alliance.
Investing In Girls Alliance – The Investing in Girls Alliance is an outcome of the Mayor’s Task Force on Youth at Risk in the City of Worcester. The group was brought together to address the recent rise in violence among adolescent girls in the local community. Learn more