- Ignites positive change for girls through philanthropy and women’s leadership.
- A volunteer-based women’s group whose vision is to be the premier women’s philanthropic and leadership group in Central Massachusetts funding programs that improve the lives of girls.
- Part of a national trend of women engaging in philanthropy, organized to create a powerful force to effect change in society.
- Works with volunteer committees of community leaders engaging more than 1,000 members and 2,000 donors.
- Raises funds for its work through an annual campaign for programs that improve and empower the lives of girls through mentoring, educational opportunities, and financial literacy.
Strengthening Girls … Empowering Women
Women’s Initiative News
Women’s Initiative of the United Way of Central Massachusetts (UWCM) has announced that it has received a $150,000 posthumous gift from long-time friend and supporter, Mrs. Jeanne Curtis.
Women's Initiative Partners
- African Community Education
- Express Yourself Program
- Boys & Girls Club of Worcester
- Girls Voice Program
- Clark University
- All Kinds of Girls
- Family Health Center
- Girls on the Run at Sullivan Middle
- Girl Scouts of Central and Western MA
- Be a Friend First (BFF)
- Girls, Inc.
- Dear World: Voices of Worcester Girls
- Latino Education Institute
- Latina Achievers in Search of Success
- LUK Crisis Center
- Project Shine
- Seven Hills Family Services
- Just Us Girls
- YOU, Inc.
- YWCA of Central MA and Girls Inc.
- Girls Promoting Safety
2017 Events Calendar
Tues Aug 29 New Member Orientation
Thurs Sept 14 Day of Caring
Tues Sept 19 WLC Fundraising Training
Tues Oct 17 WLC Strategic Planning Session
Wed Sept 27 Stepping Up for Girls Event
Wed Oct 11 Taste of Mindfulness Workshop (Session 1)
Wed Oct 18 Taste of Mindfulness Workshop (Session 2)
Fri Oct 20 WI Funded Program “Storytelling Workshop
Wed Oct 25 Taste of Mindfulness Workshop (Session 3)
Wed Nov 1 Taste of Mindfulness Workshop (Session 4)
Wed Nov 8 Taste of Mindfulness Workshop (Session 5)
Wed Nov 15 Taste of Mindfulness Workshop (Session 6)
Nov 20 and 21 Dollar $cholar Conferences
Investing in Girls Alliance:
WI is pleased to be a part of the Investing in Girls Alliance.
Investing In Girls Alliance – The Investing in Girls Alliance is an outcome of the Mayor’s Task Force on Youth at Risk in the City of Worcester. The group was brought together to address the recent rise in violence among adolescent girls in the local community. Learn more