Safety Net is at the core of our work. Safety Net funding supports members of our community in immediate crisis to stabilize them and provide a foundation for future success. It includes emergency food, disaster relief, crisis intervention, emergency shelter, and more.
To accomplish this goal of stability, United Way of Central Massachusetts funds programs that are working in one or more of these critical areas:
- PROTECTIVE SERVICES
- CRISIS INTERVENTION
In the last four years, Safety Net services helped more than 97,000 individuals who were unable to meet basic needs due to conditions that created vulnerability. Programs that address these needs such as meals-on-wheels, family shelters, legal services, and disaster relief received nearly $3 million from United Way of Central Massachusetts to assist:
- 29,000 people experiencing a sudden or unexpected crisis;
- 30,000 people with food assistance, especially the vulnerable populations of infants and elders;
- 4,800 people with legal and protective services;
- 34,000 people were provided shelter or prevented from being homeless.
Partners in Safety Net Services
- Ascentria Community Services
- Services for New Americans
- Boys and Girls Club of Worcester
- Individual and Family Services Program
- Catholic Charities
- Emergency Stabilization and Homelessness Prevention Program
- Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance
- Housing Counseling and Homelessness Prevention
- Children's Friend, Inc.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program at the Ellsworth Center
- Community Legal Aid, Inc.
- Legal Advocacy and Protection Program
- Dismas House of Massachusetts
- Case Management
- Elder Services of Worcester Area
- Nutrition Program
- Money Management
- Family Health Center of Worcester, Inc.
- Healthcare for Homeless Families
- Friendly House, Inc.
- Social Service Program
- Pernet Family Health Service, Inc.
- Emergency Infant Supply Program
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council
- Greater Worcester Housing Connection
- The CASA Project, Inc.
- CASA/GAL Child Court Advocacy
- YWCA of Central Massachusetts
- Daybreak Emergency Shelter
- Transitional Housing