Thank you for considering employment with United Way of Central Massachusetts. As a 90+ year-old philanthropic organization, United Way connects people and resources to improve our community. We often look to fill staff positions with experienced, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals who are committed to our vision where Central Massachusetts LIVES UNITED by increasing educational opportunities, supporting strong families, and building healthy communities. Consider joining us!
POSITION: Campaign Coordinator is a person selected by United Way of Central Massachusetts (UWCM) to assist the Relationship Management team during the United Way Campaign on a temporary/seasonal work schedule during peak campaign time.
OBJECTIVE: Apply leadership, fundraising, project management and teamwork skills to consult with and assist local employers plan and implement successful United Way campaigns. Provide administrative support to Relationship Management team by managing mailing lists, generating donor acknowledgement/thank you letters, and manipulating database reports. Serve as a representative of United Way of Central Massachusetts.
REPORTS TO: VP Relationship Management
ASSIGNMENT: 16 week full-time commitment, August 25 through December 12, 2014
SALARY: $575.00/week (Includes 4 paid holidays: Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day and day after Thanksgiving.)
• Attend and successfully complete required training from 8/26 – 8/28. Attend additional sessions as scheduled.
• Analyze and interpret account data for assigned accounts.
• Develop, organize and implement successful campaign strategies by consulting with employee campaign managers of assigned accounts. The temporary Campaign Coordinator will have responsibility to oversee and manage up to five active employee campaigns.
• Provides customer service support to Loan Executives and Campaign Managers requests.
• Develop and deliver United Way presentations at employee group meetings and ask for contributions.
• Oversees the preparation of campaign pledge forms and status reports.
• Collect and deliver supporting sales and campaign materials to assigned accounts. Requires use of a private vehicle.
• Provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts. Arrange for speakers, displays, and materials for employee presentations.
• Provides accurate and timely responses to questions from internal and external audiences concerning donor-related questions, referring Leadership questions to appropriate staff.
• Identify and secure new company relationships to support UWCM.
• Evaluate and inform Relationship Manager of campaign results and progress.
• Collect cash contributions and pledge forms. Draft, maintain, and submit accurate & timely reports according to established financial recording processes.
• Maintain accurate, comprehensive account files to include: accounting reports, acknowledgements to campaign volunteers, background notes on each account, correspondence, and computer records.
• Participate as member of RM team, supporting other team members by sharing responsibilities. Attend weekly RM meetings and all campaign related events which could include occasional early morning, evenings, and weekends.
• Evaluate campaign results and make recommendations for the following year’s Campaign Executive team.
• Associate degree, with a minimum of two years administrative experience, with a broad knowledge of admin functions required: high degree of personal computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point. Microsoft CRM or database experience. Related experience may substitute for education.
• Exhibit effective communication skills: verbal, written, and phone.
• Presentation and public speaking skills a plus (training will be provided).
• Exercise discretion. Be self-directed, enthusiastic, and creative.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to promote and market United Way and its programs.
• Display courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with other members of the UW community and with the public.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, use of a private car, and auto insurance
• Move up to 25 lbs. of material.
No phone calls please. EOE with a commitment to diversity in the workplace.
United Way of Central Massachusetts is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against applicants on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic disposition.