Board of Directors
The volunteer Board of Directors provides leadership and sets policy for United Way of Central Massachusetts. Board members act as stewards for the monies raised in our community, understand United Way’s legal responsibilities, review existing policies and formulate new policies, review and approve the annual budget and audit, and review and approve community partner funding decisions.
Our Board of Directors is a dedicated group who are invaluable to our community, both for their enthusiasm in raising money and wisdom in assuring its distribution.
- Douglas Brown - Chairperson Sr. VP, General Counsel and Corporate SecretaryUMass Memorial Health Care, Inc.
- Gail E. CarberryPresidentQuinsigamond Community College
- Joseph P. CarlsonStaff RepresentativeUnited Steel Workers of America – District 4
- Kola AkindeleSr. Director, Community and Government RelationsUMass Medical School
- Matilde CastielCommissioner of Health and Human ServicesCity of Worcester
- Sheilah DooleyExecutive DirectorPernet Family Health Service
- Tarek ElsawyPresident & CEOReliant Medical Group
- Joseph M. Hamilton - Community Impact Committee, ChairpersonMirick O'Connell
- Elizabeth M. HeleniusFallon Community Health Plan
- Bradley H. JohnsonSenior Vice President & General ManagerSaint-Gobain Abrasives
- Steven G. JosephSenior Vice President of Individual Disability Insurance Business OperationsUnum
- Ralph H. LambalotVice President, Biologics Development & Manufacturing LaunchAbbVie Bioresearch Center
- Aivi NguyenPartnerBowditch & Dewey, LLP
- Rep. James J. O’DayState Representative 14th Worcester DistrictState House – Room 42
- Paul Provost - 2016-2017 Campaign ChairPublisherTelegram & Gazette
- Mary Lou RetellePresidentAnna Maria College
- John C. RocheThe Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
- Marco RodriguesChief Academic OfficerWorcester Public Schools
- John SheaPartner Mirick O'Connell
- Naomi SleeperImperial Distributors
- Brian SullivanSVP, Director of Retail Banking and Community RelationsCommerce Bank
- Rev. Clyde D. Talley - TreasurerPastorBelmont A.M.E. Zion Church
- Yuka-Marie VinagreAssociate Chief Medical Officer, Critical Care MedicineSaint Vincent Hospital
- Edward H. WhiteVice President, Customer & Business StrategyNational Grid
- Alex ZequeiraHeadmasterSaint John's High School